Throwback to Plaid

Thursday, February 02, 2017






Top: Muji/ Skirt: New Look (Similar, similar)/ Boots: Charles by Charles David (Similar, similar)

One of my favorite ways to spend a day is visiting a museum. I remember we would go on field trips to the Museum of Modern Art or the Legion of Honor, but as a kid I didn't appreciate it and spent the whole day giggling away with friends over how silly the paint blobs looked. Now, it's the perfect way to build a better understanding of history, gain a new perspective, and engage with a different heritage and culture.

I visited the de Young Museum with a friend before the year started, and Frank Stella was the special exhibition. His work stands out because of his vibrant colors and geometric shapes. He led the movement toward minimalistic art. 

My favorite quote that I read on the didactic by Stella was, "All I want anyone to get out of my paintings, and all I ever get out of them, is the fact that you can see the whole idea without any confusion…What you see is what you see." It's a reminder to live simply and to not overcomplicate things. Transparency leaves no room for deceit and lies. 

I am not going to lie, I felt like I was back in grade school when I looked in the mirror wearing this outfit. The memories of wearing a uniform--white polo, navy hoodie, and plaid skorts--every single day came flooding back to me. There were definitely no "I have nothing to wear" days then! Plaid is a classic print that comes back for the colder seasons. I love this skirt in particular for its thick material--I wasn't worried about the wind or cold at all! 


Comment down below if you also had to wear a uniform! I'd love to hear what you thought about it! 

Love,
Waresa 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images